Colorado man awarded $7.2 million in ‘popcorn lung’ lawsuit

Apr 12 2014

DENVER (Reuters) – A U.S. federal court jury on Wednesday awarded a Colorado man $7.2 million in damages for developing a chronic condition known as popcorn lung from a chemical used in flavoring microwave popcorn. Jurors agreed with the claims by Wayne Watson, 59, that the popcorn manufacturer and the supermarket chain that sold it were negligent by failing to warn on labels that the butter flavoring, diacetyl, was dangerous. The condition is a form of obstructive lung disease that makes it difficult for air to flow out of the lungs and is irreversible, according to WebMd. …

Related Blogs

    Originally posted 2012-09-20 15:54:05. Republished by Blog Post Promoter

    No responses yet

    Leave a Reply